Health and Wellness
9 Ways to Prevent Back Pain
By BreakThrough Care Center
1. Maintain proper posture and head alignment.
2. Slide object as close as possible before lifting.
3. Move obstacles out of the way.
4. Test before lifting; ask for help if too heavy.
5. Tighten stomach muscles without holding breath.
6. Use smooth movements; do not jerk.
7. Use legs to do the work, and pivot with feet.
8. Distribute the work load symmetrically and close to the center of trunk.
9. Push instead of pull whenever possible.