Health and Wellness
10 Ways to Lower Your Blood Pressure without Medication
By BreakThrough Care Center
1. If you are overweight, lose weight. Ask your doctor to help you with your target weight. Women: your waist line should be less than 35 inches.
2. Exercise regularly 30-60 minutes most days of the week. You can break it up into 10 minutes 3 times a day.
3. Eat a diet rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products and greatly limiting saturated fat and cholesterol. DASH diet
4. Reduce the salt in your diet. If you already have high blood pressure, you should have no more than 1500 milligrams of salt per day.
5. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink. One drink per day. 12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine or 1.5 ounces of 80 proof liquor.
6. Avoid tobacco and secondhand smoke.
7. Cut back on caffeine. No more than the amount of two cups of coffee per day.
8. Reduce stress.
9. Monitor your blood pressure at home.
10 .Get support from family and friends.